Outdoor Activities In Okc – Oklahoma City has an average of 231 sunny days per year. It is a great opportunity for family outing. Here are some of our favorite places to enjoy the outdoors.
1. Open seasonally, the Wheeler Ferris Wheel draws visitors to the Oklahoma River and downtown OKC for pre- and post-ride rides, family-friendly rides and attractions.
Outdoor Activities In Okc
2. The train grounds are enough to visit Central Park in Moore, but plan to explore the scenic walking trails and outdoor aquatic center while you’re there.
Top Unique Things To Do In Okc Right Now!
3. Martin Park Nature Center is a recently renovated, air-conditioned nature center with hiking trails, wildlife exhibits, playgrounds and some interactive exhibits.
4. Although the berry picking season is short (usually late spring/early summer), it’s worth a trip to Mustang’s Buffalo Creek Berry Farm to pick your own produce.
5. In addition to the beautiful scenery of this urban park, the countless botanical gardens feature a seasonal area, which boasts ice skating every winter and a fun waterfall every summer.
6. If your kids tire of Edmond’s amazing Heffer Park’s three playgrounds, there’s always the sparkling fishing pond.
Free Things To Do In Oklahoma City, Ok (for 2023)
7. Multiple play facilities make Stars and Stripes Park ideal even on busy weekend days. Plan extra time in the park to explore the paved trail around Lake Hefner.
8. Many people know about Riversport Adventures’ amazing riverfront facilities, but their attractions at Overholser Lake are worth a visit. Ziplines, kayak rentals, climbing walls, and stand-up paddleboards are just a few of the things you’ll find.
9. Little River Park and Little River South in Moore offer two pirate-themed playgrounds, a large splash pad, walking trails and two fishing ponds.
10. There is no better way to change the seasons than Norman’s George M. On a footpath through the trees of Sutton Wilderness Park.
The Best Outdoor Attractions In Okc
Essential cookies are necessary for the website to function properly. These cookies anonymously ensure basic functionality and security features of the website.
Editor’s Picks: Best Places To Picnic In The Okc Metro
This cookie is set by the GDPR cookie consent plugin. This cookie allows the user to access “more”.
This cookie is set by the GDPR cookie consent plugin. Cookies are used to store user consent in the “required” category.
Top 10 Outdoor Parks & Playgrounds In Okc
Functionality cookies help share website content on social media platforms, collect feedback, and perform other third-party functions.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze key performance indicators of the website, which helps provide visitors with a better user experience.
Analytics cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information about metrics such as visitor numbers, bounce rates, traffic sources and more.
Fun Things To Do In Oklahoma City Today
Advertising cookies are used to deliver relevant advertising and marketing campaigns to visitors. These cookies collect information to track website visitors and deliver customized advertising.
Other uncategorized cookies are being analyzed and have not yet been categorized. Family fun in Oklahoma is plentiful, and it comes in many forms. From kid-friendly museums to top zoos, there are plenty of family-friendly attractions and activities. Encourage your kids to learn hands-on at attractions like the Science Museum of Oklahoma, the Jasmine Moran Children’s Museum, and Leonardo’s Discovery Warehouse. Learn about the world’s wildlife at the Oklahoma City Zoo and the Tulsa Zoo—both of which are among the best family-friendly zoos in the country.
If thrills are more your style, ride the roller coaster at the theme park and speed down the slides at the water park. Take a family rock climbing lesson at Rocktown Climbing Gym in Oklahoma City, or try outdoor, corner jumping at the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. Both young and old can experience the adrenaline rush and enjoy the spectacular views of Sail Grand Parasailing on Grand O’ Cherokee Lake.
Discover prehistoric dinosaur giants, wander through a cornfield, have fun in a field, or race on a go-kart track. Choose from many fun festivals with kid-friendly activities across the state. Oklahoma City has so much for your family to experience together!
Best Things To Do In Okc
Sites 225 listings Festivals & Events 47 listings Nature & Outdoors 31 listings Shopping 24 listings Dining 16 listings Arts & Culture 13 listings Nightlife 13 listings Golf 3 listings 3 listings Accommodation 3 listings. Parks and playgrounds provide endless recreational opportunities. They are often free rides that not only stimulate the imagination, but also help burn off energy and teach kids how to play together.
If you’re looking for a new playground to take the kids to or meet other families, we’ve got you covered. Here are a dozen great playgrounds in the Oklahoma City metro area that are sure to delight your kids on a trip to the park again and again.
One of the metro’s newest parks, Scissortail Park (655 Robinson Ave) offers unique play facilities, a fun elevated hill overlooking downtown, spacious lawns, walking trails and a lake. During the warmer months, families can rent canoes and kayaks.
Another new park, Ruby Grant Park (4396 N Interstate Dr, Norman), has an all-access playground, as well as a variety of trails, a dog park, a disc golf course, and picnic areas. There is plenty of open space for A game of tag or Frisbee.
Iconic Okc Attractions
For years, Myriad Gardens has been Oklahoma City’s top sports destination, offering families an urban oasis to explore nature. Walking trails, park pond, children’s garden and moose carousel are sure to make your day fun.
The best place to play in the Yukon is Freedom Trail Playground (2101 S. Holly Ave., Yukon). The playground has a special play area for kids and a fun dinosaur dig for all ages.
Especially on warm days, the waterfall playground at the Oklahoma City Zoo (2000 Remington Pl.) can’t be beat. The zoo offers several playgrounds for kids, but their fountain is a great place to relax and get your feet wet.
Moore’s Veterans Memorial Park (1900 S.E. 4th St., Moore) is a great place to hang out if you’re bored of the typical playground. The entire park is decorated in a military style with play structures such as fighter jets and military jeeps. The nearby pavilion is a great place to cool off and get some shade, and the long walking trail offers a great opportunity for exercise.
This Adventure Center Is In The Heart Of Downtown Oklahoma City
Another great park for all ages is Dolce Youth Park (5105 N.W. 50th), as it is spacious and has many activities. In addition to a two-mile walking trail, there is also a fishing pond and golf course.
If you want a playground you’re sure your kids will enjoy, Wild Horse Park (Mustang, 1201 N Mustang Rd) is a great choice. The border theme easily captures the imagination and the large play area ensures that everyone has a fun day.
Looking for a combination of kid-friendly playgrounds and nature trails? Visit Pat Murphy Park (4500 W. Hefner Street). There’s a fun playground, and it’s close to Bluff Creek Park (4551 W. Hefner Rd.), where nature trails abound for walking and running.
For a park-only stroll, head to Edmond’s Whispering Heights Park (Grandview Terrace and Meadow Ln., Edmond), where you’ll find another great park, Bickham-Rudkin Park (E. 33rd St. and Rankin Terrace). . Bickham-Rudkin offers a playground, dog park and beautiful fishing pond.
The Best Bucket List For Outdoorsman In Oklahoma