Outdoor Activities In Ballito – Outdoor activities can get repetitive, so why not switch things up on your next beach trip? We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 outdoor activities for beachside apartments to inspire you on your next holiday in Ballito! From surfing to early morning fog – we’ve got all the details on the best local outdoor activities for you and your family in Ballito.
Top on our list is surfing the famous Willard Beach, home of Polito Pro! This year, between June 29 and July 10, you can see the tides going in their favour. Whether you’re an expert or a beginner, Willard Beach welcomes you with warm water, big swells and a sandy beach. If you’ve never surfed before, Ballito Surf School offers surf lessons for anyone (ages 8-60) who wants to learn how to ride the waves. All you need to bring is bathing suits and towels! Private lessons, group lessons, beginner lessons and intermediate lessons can be booked to suit the needs of you and your travel companions.
Outdoor Activities In Ballito
Next up are trail rides with Hola Trails. Located in Sugar Rush Park, it is a major attraction! Sugar Rush has a variety of outdoor activities, from music festivals and picnics to wine tasting at Seventeen87, you’re sure to be on an adventure!
Beach Forest Lodge, Bed & Breakfast Ballito
Holla Trails is a mountain bike and trail system that runs through 42 working farms outside of Ballito and has 340 km of marked trails. Both experienced and complete beginners can enjoy the diversity of trails and spectacular scenery. Holla is suitable for all levels of riders – even kids! Bicycles can be rented on site or you can bring your own.
In addition to running holla trails, Dolphin Beach has several running clubs that you can check out on the beach! Some Salt Rock residents started a running group called Salt Run. A group of dolphins run on the beach every morning. Beginner to advanced skills, so all are welcome!
Salt Run uses the Endomondo app to plan routes and runners can preview the route before the run and follow it on their phones. And they’ve made it available to anyone who wants to be active, and it’s a great way to get running.
Next on the list are early morning ocean swims…but don’t worry, they’re not polar bear swims! Our sea temperatures are pleasant – even in winter. If you want to enjoy the sunrise, we recommend taking a short walk from your beach front to the beach. Our apartments have sunrise views and the sunrise from your balcony will be spectacular!
Property And Houses For Sale In Ballito, Kwazulu Natal
The Dolphin Coast has many challenging golf courses, each offering a unique golfing experience. Our top 5 courses to visit are:
1) Simbithi Country Club- This 18-hole golf course is South Africa’s first American-style executive course. The symphony is parallel to 60 and consists of bar 3s, bar 4s and bar 5s. The course layout is designed to ensure you use every club in your bag and play a truly challenging round of golf. The Fig Tree Restaurant at the club is a great place to debrief after your match!
2) Jimbali Country Club – Jimbali Country Club Golf Course has stunning views of natural forests and sea. You can rent golf carts and clubs at this 18-hole course. Note! They have a strictly enforced dress code of collared shirts with pants or knee-length shorts. Definitely recommended if you want a classic golf experience!
3) Umlali Country Club This 18 hole golf course is surrounded by native bush. The flat terrain makes it a great place to play for golfers of all skill levels. Umhlali Country Club has a pro shop and driving range. If you fancy a new sport, the clubhouse also has squash courts, tennis courts and bowls!
Unique Year End Party Ideas
4) Prince Grand This 18-hole golf course overlooks the Indian Ocean. You can book your tee times, golf clubs, caddies and golf cart rentals online for this course. Prince Grand Golf Course has won the Absolute Golfer 5 Star Experience Award on numerous occasions. The course is a 20-minute drive from Ballito via the N2 highway.
5) Durban Country Club Durban Country Club is the only course in Africa. It is ranked among the top 100 golf courses in the world by Golf magazine USA. The course is built on sand dunes, offering unique undulations that challenge golfers of all skill levels. Enjoy views of Durban city, the Indian Ocean and the coastal bush as you round 18 holes.
This marks the end of our list of Top 5 Outdoor Activities for Beachfront Apartments! We hope you enjoy exploring and adventuring on your next beach trip! After a hard day’s adventure, come home to your beach condo and enjoy the view from the comfort of your own balcony! If you’re among the crowd heading to the KZN coast this Christmas, you won’t want to miss today’s entry in the My City (with Kids!) guest blogger series. Today I’m turning our attention to a local South African town that we can expect to grow to urban proportions every December… Ballito on the KZN coast! I caught up with two blogging moms who call this city home and asked them to weigh in on all of their favorite things to do (with kids!) in Palito.
(Swear) and best friends, Cants & Stays, their blog as mothers, wives, friends, and Me and My Last offer unique honesty about the ups and downs of life.
I Heart Market Moves To Sugar Rush Park In Ballito From 3 December 2022 — Versfeld & Associates
We’ve only lived here for a year and a half, and while it was a step to move from the country to the beach, we’ve seen our kids thrive and it’s been so worth it.
Just like regular parents who can only wax lyrical about their perfect children, we often find ourselves doing a similar thing about our town. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves that we are lucky enough to live in a place that is actually a vacation spot.
In fact, when we were kids, we often spent our school holidays here with friends. So, when we got the chance to talk about where we lived, it’s no surprise that we, as proud polityotarians (as we now call ourselves), jumped at the chance.
Ballito is located on the North Coast of KZN, a stretch of coastline known for its golden beaches and daily dolphin sightings, hence its nickname Dolphin Beach. While our beaches are the obvious attraction, we’re also spoiled for choice with some of the best dining and family fun in KZN, as well as being a 20-minute drive from KZN’s most popular destination, Umhlanga Rocks. But let’s come to why we love our hometown…
Ballito Travel Events & Adventurous Activities
Living in a coastal city, the beach is naturally our favorite place to visit as a family. We can spend days and even dinner at one of our favorite beaches. This particular stretch of coastline also offers some amazing (and safe) rock pools where our kids spent hours paddling and exploring. Grandma’s Pool at Sagas Rock is one in particular. The beach is also incredibly kid-friendly, with two separate rock pool areas offering something for both the little ones and the big ones. Another important factor at this time is that the beach is free! It’s okay if you don’t have to throw ice creams
We don’t know about your family, but usually ours is crazy after a day at the beach, and when you have a day off, the last thing you want to do is cook. So another one of our local spots is Old North at Karibou Restaurant. From the moment you arrive, you are treated like family by all the staff as they prepare your amazing food at amazing prices. Old North has plenty of places for kids to burn, but as an added bonus there’s a huge jungle gym and trampoline. Basically, you get a chance to chill while sipping a much-needed glass of wine. There are multiple TV screens for all the important sports equipment! A favorite menu choice among our kids is the seafood basket, which can be shared between the two of them.
If it’s not too beach weather or you’re feeling a little more active, another great outing for us as a family is Sugar Rush Park. Sugar Rush is located on Esenembe Road on the other side of the N2 and is easy to access inland.
Recently renovated, Sugar Rush Park has a variety of activities and a cozy restaurant. To be more active, you can choose between various mountain bike routes or try a weekly park. In the case of children, there cannot be